How to Integrate with myFastway
This article shows you how to integrate EIZ with your Fastway courier account.
1 Locating your Fastway API key
Before starting this step, open Notepad (or another document app) on your computer. Create a file to save your Fastway API keys.
- Log in to your Fastway account. The dashboard opens.
- On the main menu, click Administration. A drop-down menu displays.
- Click API Keys. The My API Keys page opens.
- Click Create Key. The Add API Key page opens.
- On the Add API Key page, enter a file name under Description.
- Open Notepad on your computer.
- Copy the Client ID and Secret number from the Add API Key page and paste them in the Notepad file.
- Save the Notepad file for future use.
- Click Save on the Add API Key page.
2 Installing the myFastway app
The next step is to activate the myFastway couriers plugin on your EIZ account.
- Log in to your EIZ account. The dashboard opens.
- Click the Courier icon in the top left corner of the dashboard. The courier plugin panel opens.
- Click the myFastway couriers icon. A new page opens.
The courier plugin panel has two Fastway icons. Fastway couriers is for people with an older Fastway account. If you are a new Fastway account, select the myFastway couriers icon.
- On the new page, click the Install App button. A new panel opens.
- On the new panel, click Subscribe. The Account Settings page opens.
- On the Account Settings page, check the box next to I have all the information.
- Click Next. The myFastway API panel opens.
- On the myFastway API panel, paste in the Client ID and Secret number from your Notepad file.
- Select a location from the drop-down menu: Australia or New Zealand.
- Click VALIDATE and NEXT. After validating the API key, the Save Settings panel opens. It shows the courier options available.
- Click Save. The panel closes and the Account Information page opens.
Your myFastway service is ready. All myFastway rates will automatically work with EIZ through the API.